Through this challenging time let’s support one another by working together to pro-actively follow the recommended steps and measures to slow the spread of #COVID19.- Carmen Lerm founder West Coast Way
Club Mykonos Takes Steps To Slow Spread Of Virus With COVID-19 Precautions
From the Desk of Jon Kilroe-Smith – General Manager Club Mykonos
We have been advised that documented cases of COVID-19 in South Africa have progressively increased over the past few weeks and that infections reported are no longer limited to overseas travellers from countries which have been listed as high-risk areas.
On the 15th March 2020, the Presidency announced a National State of Disaster and various measures to contain the spread of this virus into South Africa. One of the main measures introduced limiting travel to and from high-risk countries and closures of some of the ports of entry and border posts.
There was also a prohibition introduced on any public gatherings of 100 people or more, which lead to the postponement of all of our upcoming shows and events. We will be negotiating with these artists and re-scheduling these events as soon as we know the extent of the ban on this type of gathering.
Whilst we may not be in a position to host these shows and events, Club Mykonos is still open for business. As always, we remain concerned about your health and safety and we have the following advice for all our guests, which is in line with the World Health Organization (WHO) and our National Government:
- If you are not in an area where COVID-19 is spreading, or you have not been in contact with an infected person, or have not recently travelled to a high-risk area, then your risk of infection is low.
- We understand that the worldwide spread of this virus has created heightened anxiety levels. We recommend that you get facts from reliable sources and take note of the suggested precautions as noted by the National Health Department and the WHO.
- Most people who contract COVID-19 will experience mild illness, however, for a small percentage, the effects will be more severe, especially for those with pre-existing medical conditions.
- If you are concerned about this virus or suspect someone is displaying the symptoms of infection, then we suggest that you contact 0800 029 999 for advice or further information. Our government has also created a Corona Helpline on WhatsApp, which can be accessed by sending “Hi” to 0600 123456.
Whilst at Club Mykonos we have always strived towards the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness, we have further improved these standards by intensifying our cleaning schedules and implemented the following practices:
- Hand sanitizers are available at the entrances of all our public facilities and in all our back of house areas for the staff.
- Within the next few days, individual hand sanitizers will also be sold at the main reception area, so that there is a ready supply for guests during the course of their stay with us.
- I have personally met with each of our room attendants and implemented an intensive cleaning and sanitizing schedule on all surfaces in each unit which are regular touchpoints for guests.
- Each unit will be fully sanitized for your arrival and we will be limiting our housekeeping service whilst the unit is occupied so as to reduce the interaction between staff and our guests. Our housekeeping staff will remain on duty during the course of the stay, but will only service the unit on request.
- We have also increased the cleaning of public areas, specifically on surfaces which are regularly touched by guests ie Door handles, handrails, countertops, crockery and cutlery.
- We have also informed all our staff of the risk of the spread of the COVID-19 virus and the measures that can be used to limit this from happening.
- We will be introducing screens in our reception area to limit the contact between the reception staff and our guests, but this won’t get in the way of us giving you a warm west coast welcome on arrival.
- Each staff member has been issued with a “Buff” and surgical gloves which will ensure that they are safe and that we reduce the risk of transmitting this virus to each other.
- We have also implemented an awareness program for our guests and staff through print and electronic media to improve awareness.
In addition to these measures we suggest that you also protect yourself by taking the following few precautions:
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds;
- Avoid touching your face
- Practise social distancing and maintain a distance of about 1.5 metres between each other.
- If you don’t feel well, confirming the actual symptoms as you may well just be suffering from a normal cold or flu, however, if these relate to the symptoms of COVID-19 that you either contact our duty managers for assistance or the Corona Virus support line.
In closing, I would like to assure you of our commitment to always do our utmost to keep everyone safe when visiting Club Mykonos and to assist and co-operate with our Government to keep this global pandemic under control.
Jon Kilroe-Smith GENERAL MANAGER
Club Mykonos is located on the West Coast Way Foodie Route
Open 7 days a week
Where: R27, Mykonos Access Road, Langebaan