Date: 14 – 17 September
Time: Thursday – Saturday: 09:00 – 17:00; Sunday: 09:00 – 15:00
Location: Darling Golf Club, Jacaranda Street, Darling
This year’s show will be the 100th event, the Centenary Show! The display will focus on the Wildflower Society’s development through the past 100 years as well as the Herbarium project.
The Flower Show will offer a variety of activities to entertain young and old.
Your ticket includes entry to:
• the Landscaped Hall depicting the flowers of the area in their natural habitat,
• an orchid display by Orchid Creations by Trisha,
• a free ride on a tractor-drawn wagon to see the pristine wetland at Oude Post, which is not normally accessible to the public and may only be visited during the Show,
• a Craft & Gourmet Food Market,
• a Veteran Tractor/Car Display
• an Entertainment Tent featuring live music from famous local acts like Klassik,
• safe and secure parking for vehicles,
• and free WiFi supplied by Fox Wireless at the festival venue.
This year you can also look forward to a range of workshops:
• Prof Peter Linder (currently residing in Zürich, Switzerland) will be doing two workshops called “Reeds In The Sandveld”, of which one will take place in the veld and the other at the Darling Club.
• “Tassie Massie” workshops by Karen Moyle from Flowers on The Stoep:
16 & 17 Sep, 10-11am @ R300pp. Only 10 people per session.
• !Khwa ttu will be doing kids’ and family workshops about fynbos and its links to traditional San culture and their heritage.
• A talk by Simply Bee about bees and the importance of their conservation, at the entertainment tent on Friday, 15 Sep.
More detailed information about the workshops will be given at a later date.
In addition there will be a shuttle driving through Darling, and stopping at places of interest including the Darling Museum, Evita’s Perron, Duckitt Nurseries and the Renosterveld Reserve.
With more than a hundred food and craft stalls, everyone’s taste buds and shopping needs will be catered for! Kids will have a weekend of fun in the playpark area with entertainment ranging from face-painting to rides, while adults can relax in the Mini Wine Route & Beer Tent.
Your entrance fee to the Darling Wildflower Show will help to conserve our endangered floral kingdom for future generations, so join us at the Centenary Darling Wildflower Show and contribute to conservation in our area!
Tickets Can be purchased online via www.quicket.co.za – Group Specials on Application.
Ticket Prices Adults: R60
Pensioners: R40 (Thu & Fri only)
Kids 13 years & younger: Free