A hands on (and feet) trip of winemaking from crushing grapes to designing labels
The town of Darling is nestled amongst the vineyards, wheat fields and nature reserves with a character all of its own. Home to some magnificent wine estates and farms including Darling Cellars where the Darling Crush Day will be held.
Here is the roll-out of your day:
- Have a Darling Breakfast including Darling Yoghurt, Darling Juice & Darling Water
- Go on a Bushvine Tractor Ride into the vineyard where you can hand-harvest perfect grapes
- Crush your grapes in foot stomping teams of two
- Design your own label in Wine Label Competition. The winning label will be applied to all the 2016 Crush Day wine which will be ready for collection within 8 – 10 months
- Enjoy a Lekker Lunch and Lamb on the Spit with all the trimmings
- Walk away with a Goodie Bag including a bottle of Darling Cellars wine and a unique Crush Day cap
In addition you’ll be able to enjoy wine tasting and sales, a live band and DJ, market stalls to purchase locally produced goodies (bring cash!) and lots of prizes up for grabs, including a prize for the best dressed team of 2.
As your designated driver we supply an air-conditioned, 12 seater mini-bus with a Venter trailer to transport purchased wine, market stall goodies and memorabilia safely back home.
We return to Cape Town with amazing photos and fond memories.
Entrance to Darling Crush Day
+ Return Transport in air-conditioned mini-buses from/to Cape Town & Eden on the Bay, Blouberg
Additional beverages at your lunch and other stops are optional and not included in the price
THIS IS A SHUTTLE TRIP SERVICE AND HAS NO GUIDE, HOWEVER, YOU WILL GET TO MEET ON SITE GUIDES AT EACH STOP POINT/ATTRACTION
Kids & Family Friendly
Yes (all ages). Parents please bring baby car seat for your trip.
* Camera, water
What to Wear
*Sunblock, sunglasses, bring your swimsuit and towel and set of dry clothes, picnic blanket, comfortable walking shoes, hat or small sun umbrella (parasol)
Darling Cellars, West Coast, Western Cape (50 minutes from Cape Town CBD)
Departure and Arrival Back Time
6h15 – 17h00
Cape Town and Blouberg
*Pick up and drop off and departure points for trip is Eden on the Bay Shopping Centre in Blouberg. Kindly enquire at time of booking if your pick up point is included free of charge or if you need a transfer at an additional fee.
Saturday 27 February 2016 only. Larger groups are discounted
Additional Options and Services
*Enquire about ordering of wine, beer and Darling produce including books and gifts here for delivery to your home address: [email protected]
Minimum Bookings Per Trip Required
R990.00 per adult (minimum 2 passengers per booking)
R840.00 per teenager (17 – 12)
R790.00 per child (under 12)
No refunds on cancellations. This trip runs come rain or shine.
Other Trips available
- Darling Wine Hops Day
- Mamre Werf & !Khwa ttu Culture Day
- Darling Exploration & Evita se Perron Show Day
- End-Of-Year Functions