Stay #WaterWise on the West Coast Way!
#WaterWise: So you are browsing the web and are confronted by the water crisis in Cape Town and are wondering if it is a good idea to visit?
The short answer is, yes, it is a good idea.
The long answer? The people and businesses of Cape Town are resilient and we are all working together to get through the drought. Including top accommodation spots like The Lodge at Atlantic Beach. We have pushed back Day Zero twice and it now stands at the beginning of June – which is when the winter rains should arrive.
The Lodge At Atlantic Beach Is Setting The Standard For #WaterWise Accommodation
So how have The Lodge at Atlantic Beach become #WaterWise and reduced their water consumption? We met with Chantel, the manager at the Lodge and she walked us through the rooms and the grounds and showed us exactly how they are making a difference:
- They traded in the lawns outside their rooms for Astroturf – which, do not need any watering
- They installed visitor-friendly reminders in the rooms to use water sparingly
- Cute little plastic animals have been swopped for bath plugs, and if visitors want to bath, they will have to take the toy to reception and ask for the plug
- They put in hand sterilizers in all the bathrooms
- They have a borehole on site (water is still being tested, but will be in use soon)
- They have tanks to collect rainwater
- They have reduced the times where guests can access the swimming pool – closing the pool during hottest times of the day to reduce water evaporation
- The pool water is supplied by borehole water
We applaud The Lodge at Atlantic Beach for setting the standard for #WaterWise accommodation in Cape Town and the West Coast Way.
What else can you enjoy at The Lodge at Atlantic Beach?
4 Star Accommodation in Melkbosstrand
The Lodge has 20 luxurious rooms to choose from and offers 3 types of luxury accommodation: Double, Twin and a Self-catering apartment, and includes a continental and hot breakfast. As a guest of the Lodge, you are able to make full use of the restaurant and amenities at the Atlantic Beach Golf Club, including their private leisure club which offers tennis, swimming, gym, the spa and the beauty salon.
Enjoy a round of golf
The Atlantic Beach Golf Club features 18 holes covering a distance of 6229 metres which puts it on a par with courses in Scotland. The only thing separating it from the UK, however, is a variety of antelope – including Springbok – roaming the fairways.
Conferences and weddings
A short walk from The Lodge you’ll find the Atlantic Beach Golf Club with top-rated facilities able to host the perfect wedding or conference.
The Atlantic Beach Golf Club boasts panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean, Table Mountain and its golf fairways and has a choice of conferencing facilities from Cinema, U-Shape / Boardroom to Classroom-style. Wedding facilities include The Terrace where guests can wind down and enjoy cuisine dished up by an award-winning chef.
Best of all? The Honeymoon Suite at The Lodge is on the house for newlyweds with reduced rates for guests attending the wedding.
Swim, run, relax
A breakaway at The Lodge is not only for the easy-going. At the Leisure Centre, you’ll find two tennis courts, a fitness centre and a special trail running around the perimeter of the entire property specially laid out for habitual runners and nature walkers.
When you’ve worked up both a sweat and an appetite, grab something to eat at The Lounge, slide into the pool or lie down for a treatment at the Wellness Spa.
So come and enjoy the Mother City and the surrounds, be mindful of your water usage and remember to book at an accommodation who are #WaterWise.
Find The Lodge At Atlantic Beach on the West Coast Way Culture Route
For accommodation/golf: 021 553 4653 or email@example.com
For Elemental Health & Beauty: 021 553 5188 / 082 929 8146 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities available at The Lodge at Atlantic Beach
• Accommodation • Child Friendly • Wheelchair Accessibility (Some Rooms, Bedrooms & Bathrooms) • 4 Star Tourism Grading • Member: Cape Town Tourism • AA Grading • Trip Advisor • Bar • Restaurant (B&B on site with Golf Clubhouse offering Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) • Championships Links Type Golf Course, Golf Academy & Driving Range and Shop • Tennis • Pool • Wellness Spa • Fitness Centre • Conference Facilities • Wedding and Function Venue • Un-Guided Nature Walks • Online Booking Facilities.
West Coast Way is South Africa’s road trip with the most twists. South Africans and visitors can explore a unique collection of themed routes to do adventure-filled Cape West Coast self-drive trips or a West Coast Holiday. The new West Coast Way “basket” of free routes on offer include the West Coast Way Scenic Route, the West Coast Way Berg Route, the West Coast Way Foodie Route, the West Coast Way Cultural Route – as well as the newly launched West Coast Way Wild Route, all of which are designed to showcase the many attractions and activities that are already on offer on the Cape West Coast and inland areas – but may be unknown to many. For more information on West Coast Way’s #WestCoastTwist and the list of 101 Things to Do on the West Coast visit www.westcoastway.co.za or call West Coast Way on 0861 321 777. Connect with West Coast Way on Facebook and Twitter at WestCoastWaySA.