Published 2016 03 09
Darling Brew has a beer to suite your taste, and on Tuesdays it will definitely suit your pocket.
They might be serving SLOWBEER, but on Tuesdays those beers are selling fast, because who can say no to the Tuesday Specials.
Just R60 gets you 330ML of the SLOWBEER of your choice, + biltong to gnaw on + a tour of the brewery where the beer magic happens. The 30 minute guided tour takes you through the brand new brewery – at 12pm and 1pm every Tuesday. (No need to book this tour!)
Each beer has been inspired by an endangered creature which is honoured and supported through conservation programmes.
Slow Beer is the original Darling Brew. A lager inspired by the Geometric Tortoise and an embodiment of slow living.
Add to your visit a first ever in South Africa:
Blood Serpent is the first African CARBON NEUTRAL certified beer, achieved through innovative brewing, packaging and offsetting processes. The taste is old, noble and hints of spices and honey. Inspired by the Secretary Bird.
Other beers in the Darling Brew range include the following:
- Sungazer is a lovely light lager.
- Gypsey Mask a strong brown beer for lovers of a good ale.
- Black Mist a very moreish Black Ale.
- Rogue Pony a mild, smooth pale ale.
- Thunderbird is a citrusy IPA.
- Warlord the smoothest IPA ever.
- White Bird, a spicy, fruity IPA with hints of coriander and orange .
- Silver Back is a new black wheat styled beer, easy on the palate.
- Bone Crusher is an edgy, frosted Wit Beer.
- Long Claw is a single hop saison and king of beer.
- Desert Dragon is a full bodied oat ale. A collaboration with Sean Knight of Sambrooks was the inspiration
The new Darling Brew Tasteroom and Brewery is situated at 48 Caledon Street in Darling on the West Coast Way Culture Route. They are open from Tuesday to Sunday and during school holidays from Monday to Sunday. Bookings are highly recommended.
For more information visit www.darlingbrew.co.za or contact them on (021) 286 1099 or email [email protected]. Connect with Darling Brew via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @DarlingBrew.
Find Darling Brew Tasteroom & Brewery on the West Coast Way Culture & Foodie Route.
Distance from Cape Town: 76km
Darling Brew Tasteroom & Brewery: 48 Caledon Street, Darling
Brewery, Restaurant, Tastings & Sales, open-air kids play area, MTB-friendly, Live Events
School Holidays & Flower Season: Open 7 days a week.
Tasteroom operating hours:
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9 am to 5 pm Kitchen closes at 4 pm
- Friday 9 am to 7 pm Kitchen closes at 6 pm
- Saturday 9 am to 5 pm Kitchen closes at 4 pm
- Sunday 10 am to 4 pm Kitchen closes at 3 pm
- They are also open for private functions. The restaurant works on a walk in basis but large groups are encouraged to book
They are also open for private functions. The restaurant works on a walk in basis but large groups are encouraged to book.
Published 2016 03 09
Take the road less travelled in the West Coast Way
For more information on West Coast Way Routes and the list of 101+ Things To See And Do in the Cape West Coast, visit our eventspage. Choose to go on a self-guided adventure drive by following the routes, or book an air-conditioned trip to top West Coast attractions in South Africa.