The place to stay this flower season!
Disa Lodge is located in a quiet street is one of the first houses built in the town of Darling which is located on the West Coast Way Culture Route. In the typical “farm house” style the building has beautiful wooden floors and high ceilings. The old part of Darling where the B&B is situated is on a quiet street lined with beautiful trees.
Accommodation Options at Disa Lodge
- 3 double bedrooms.
- 2 bedrooms (north facing) have twin beds. 1 bedroom (east facing) has a double bed.
- All Bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms.
- All bedrooms have private entrances onto verandas.
Disa Cottage is a self-catering apartment that sleeps up to 4 persons. There is one double bedroom with twin beds and it has a sleeper couch in the lounge. There is a built-in braai unit on the stoep. There is a washing machine. Secure off road parking behind locked gates.
Facilities at Disa Lodge:
- Braai stoep. All visitors are welcome to use our covered braai stoep.
- Lovely antique fireplace for the cold winter evenings.
- Splash pool to cool off in summer.
- Free Wi Fi.
- Secure off road parking behind locked gates.
Disa Lodge – A Little Bit Of History
Built in 1890, the beautifully restored Victorian house is one of the very first to be built in Darling and, by the turn of the century, it was one of only 15 homes in the town. During the Anglo-Boer War (1899 – 1902) an annex was added, which housed the only police station in the area. When the Boer commando advanced to Darling on 10 Nov 1901 and entered the town on the 11th they found the town guard had withdrawn so released the jail’s sole prisoner, a Mr Loubser, who gladly fled the confines of his cell.
Things to see and do near Disa Lodge:
Situated in what is known as the “old part of Darling”, Disa Lodge is also part of a self-walk historical tour which begins at the museum and encompasses a 5 x 6 block radius. A gentle stroll for the whole family, maps can be purchased for a mere R2 at the museum.
Should you want a little more excitement than on your walk, then ask for the Darling Mystery Tour instead and challenge your mind on this innovative treasure hunt.
- Golf course
- Bowling green
- Tennis courts
- Birding route 15 km away
- Fantastic off road cycling tracks around Darling
- Good restaurants
- Wine tasting very nearby at one of Darlings Wine Farms
- Darling Brew
- Cheese factory
- Ormonde Wines
- Darling Museum
- Groote Post
- Marmalade Cat
- The Flying Pig
- Darling Sweet
- Olive tasting nearby
- Evita se Perron
Find Disa Lodge on the West Coast Way Culture Route
• Accommodation • Child-Friendly • Braai Facilities • Pool • Trip Advisor • WiFi •
Where: Lang Street, Darling
Coordinates: -33.377771, 18.377267
Contact: +27 (0)22 492 3561 | [email protected] | www.disalodge.co.za