Porterville is the only region in South Africa where the very rare Disa Uniflora flower is found. Go paragliding, hiking or taste organically produced wines.
Located on the West Coast Way Berg Route
Porterville is a town famous for the rarest of flowers and picturesque mountains
Porterville is located on the West Coast Way Berg Route. Flying under the banner “Enjoy Our Heritage”, Porterville is a picturesque Cape West Coast town located at the foot of the Olifants River Mountains.
The region around Porterville is famous as the only place where the very rare Uniflora Disa, a beautiful yellow flower, can be found. Even more remarkable is Porterville’s small sulphur yellow Disa colony – the only one of its kind in the world.
Porterville has a variety of hiking trails to intriguing destinations like De Hel (the hell) and De Tronk (the jail) where impressive rock formations can be found. There is also a waterfall trail dotted with waterfalls.
Go hiking, star gazing (the town has a special stargazing event) or take on a 4×4 route.
Supporting this market is supporting the individuals and families that sell their produce here and helping create and develop our beautiful town’s community spirit.
Locally sourced goods are delivered fresh every Saturday morning to our stunning Farm venue on Houdconstant Farm. Our suppliers range from pensioners to young students, as well as local charities who all benefit from the opportunity to sell at the market and who we are proud to help support.
How to join? You can find us every Saturday, 9 am to 2 pm, on Houdconstant Farm… drive up Basson Street towards the mountain, past Porterville Hoerskool and take the first dirt road right at the Porterville Farmer’s Market sign.
Market opens 9 am to 2 pm
The Food Bar opens 8 am to 2 pm
Call 0840495757 if you would like to find out more
- Paragliding. You can join the folks from various paragliding clubs and enjoy the best-ranked spot in South Africa to paraglide, Dasklippas.
- Porterville Farmer’s Market. Spend the morning with family and friends at the market. Great food, produce and loads for kids to do while adults relax in the big fresh air. They are also looking at doing events and dinner soon, so watch this space.
- Art studios. Get in contact with numerous artists and visit them at the spectacular studios. Die Mosiak Huis is one that is not to be missed.
- Jewellery workshops. Contact the local goldsmith at Ebonymoon and join one of her fabulous workshops where she guides you through making your own unique jewellery.
- Take an amazing hike up the gorge at 22 Watervalle as a day visitor and enjoy the rock pools.